Google+

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Tip: Facebook permissions.

With Facebook being well established and users having used it for a good few years now it's well worth checking over your security settings regularly to protect what to do and do not want to share.

It's also worth making sure your doing as much as possible to protect unwanted access to that data. It's also wise to limited what can access that data.

What page that deals with your app's permissions is found here:

https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications

You'll be surprised at what might be on there. I had app's listed form years ago that I'd forgotten about (Graffiti, Yahoo, game promotion apps). Even with only the ones I wanted it's a pretty hefty list:




I'll cover other checks another time but I found this a rather quick and easy thing to tidy up & just felt like sharing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment